a day in the life..sometimes more like a few minutes in the life, or a week. depending on how often I get on here.

Saturday, August 05, 2006

guess what I shopped for today?

one more day of work, and then my last day of vacation. and it's not shaping up to be a very vacationy day. My goal is to pack, make a goodwill run, pack some more, clean, pack...and pack. Needs to get done, and tomorrow is the only full day I have to do it. The only good news is that Aunt Pauly and I are going out to dinner because we need to see each other before I leave..:(

so tonight after dinner with part of my fam at Applebee's I went to Walmart and did school supply shopping...so much fun. I'd already bought a pack of 25 mechanical pencils the other day, and tonight I bought notebooks, pens, highlighters...well, tha's about it. But several kinds of pens, and two kinds of notebooks. And two headbands, as they are my new favorite accessory.

It's been a pretty relaxing couple of days with the munchkins. We played in the pool, hung out with my family last night at my Grandma's. It was cool because my uncle is in Afghanistan, and brought back a few rolls of film when he was home two weeks ago. I got to see where he lives (in a tent with 8 other guys), the local Afghani kids, their "villages" (plus heard a whole bunch of really interesting stories from my aunt) and he even accidentally took a picture just as a bomb was exploding! That was my favorite, simply because he couldn't have planned to take a better picture.

9 days until I start my new job...and 6 until my last day of my old job!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey my pop got me a little grill tonight, so don't worry about that part! we still need to get a couple propane tanks, but that'll only be like 6 bucks. yesss. i'll put it together tomorrow i think. yay for being done with babysitting! aughh. what time are we planning on being home on Sunday?

11:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home