a day in the life..sometimes more like a few minutes in the life, or a week. depending on how often I get on here.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

so sleepy

did NOT want to get up and come to work this morning. And then I get here and the AC broke yesterday. darn darn double darn. And I have an errand list a mile long. triple darn!

in good news, I finally found a J-O-B! I met with two families on Sunday, and while I'd be happy to work for either, the one in Issaquah (about three minutes from my school) is the better option, and I feel more comfortable around them. So as soon as they check my references, I'm in business! They seem like a really nice family. The mom, Jessica, is a stay at home mommy, and the dad, Andrew, who is British, works for Microsoft. They have three munchkins, Ethan, who is two and will be my primary responsibility, and twins who are six months old, Sophie and Annabelle. They are adorable, as different as night and day (personality wise), identical twins. So cute. The job comes with two weeks paid vacation and a week paid sick leave, plus maybe a trip to Hawaii in the wintertime (probably January). My main job is to take Ethan out to do stuff-go on walks, to the park, the zoo, etc. and occasionally watch Annabelle if Sophie has a doctors appointment.

Saw "The Devil Wears Prada" last night in Redmond with Dionne and Luke. It was ok, (the ac was great!), but lacking some of the greatness from the book. Which happens. Always. Good, slightly disappointing.

Opened a bank account in SEATTLE yesterday before work. That was pretty awesome. Hopefully by time I move up (which is officially August 14th) I will have my checks and debit card.

Off to wrangle munchkins!

peace out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home