a day in the life..sometimes more like a few minutes in the life, or a week. depending on how often I get on here.

Monday, July 17, 2006

blackberries and peanut butter...

...two of the true delicious tastes I had today. the first was in a milkshake from Burgervile, accompanied by one single walla walla sweet onion ring (yes, you should be jealous) and the second was on a spoon, and it was the natural variety. really the best there is.

I spent the past weekend at the baseball field. As in, the entire weekend. Almost 30 hours total in two days, 17 of them yesterday. By the end of the weekend my feet were black from dirt, my face is red like a lobster and we were all baseballed out. The good news is that we placed second in the tournament, and we were the youngest team there. We had good reason to hold our heads high as we accepted our awards at midnight last night. Plus, my adorable little brother got MVP twice. He pretty much rocks. And I got to take 4 rolls of film of little league baseball, which is one of my top three things to photograph.

Today I had the opportunity to have lunch with a good friend from high school that I haven't seen since she got married last summer. It was good to catch up on her life, how everyone is doing and what married life is like. We both share a lot of the same opinion about things (like this town) and it's just fun to reconnect with good people from high school. I always tried to distance myself as much as possible, simply because most people I went to high school with were...well, in a sentence, destined to remain in Centralia. And we all know how great that life is.

Getting ready to work 4 long days straight. Then it's off to Seattle to work AND go to Becky's wedding, which should be fun. Last week I was so unsure about the work situation, and while that hasn't exactly changed, suddenly options are coming out of the woodwork. Thanks, God. But really, what I need most is some direction, which I may or may not have received. It's not that He doesn't speak loud enough, just that my ears must have selective hearing. Drat. Maybe I can work on that some this week, and get prayer on Sunday for it. Hope that will help.

Need to get back on track with reading my Bible. I lost it for a few days and found it again this morning. It needs to be read. Of course, there is a lot of stuff that lately has been getting ignored, but that is one that I should probably stop procrastinating about. I wish someone would just press the fast forward button and pack for me and the decision about work would be made. Don't imagine that will happen, however.

peace out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home