a day in the life..sometimes more like a few minutes in the life, or a week. depending on how often I get on here.

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Definitley think I like this better than xanga. better format.

I really like having a blog. I try to keep more embarrasing or emotional stuff in my real paper journal, but it's nice to look back upon the last few years and be able to read what I was thinking, say, when I lived in Jersey.

Today I am definitley being a bit of a bum before I have to go to work. My parents abandoned us and went to Vegas yesterday. So far Jimmy and I have managed to pretty much get along. Stevie is staying with Grandma, so he will have some consistency and so she won't have to be alone (cause Grandpa went also). Ali is in Wyoming, doing school orientation and because Brandon's mom is getting married.

44 days until I'm done with work (hopefully!) They have finally started to look earnestly. They posted an ad in the paper, and the last two days I've fielded 5-10 calls about the ad. Only two have sounded like they are a potential good fit. One was an older lady (50ish) and one was only 18, but had experience. We'll see what happens. I think (I keep saying this, but I just can't seem to commit yet) that I've found the family I am going to work for in Seattle/Issaquah. She is really nice, he is...well, I've only met him once and I'm trying not to form my opinion on him from that one interaction...and the boys are a handful, but cute. She is also due the end of October with another one, gender unknown. I am pretty excited about being able to work with a baby again (I loved working with Andrew). I do have a few reservations, but hopefully I and God can work through those and I can get to the place where I am trusting Him in this decision.

Love staying in Seattle on the weekends. It's a little weird that it's MY house too, and MY room too...doesn't yet seem real. I will be so glad when I get my wardrobe all put together and we get the stuff on the walls and I don't have to live out of a suitcase...44 days. 44 days.

BlueSky is awesome. I was hoping to do Step 2 next weekend, but now I have to work. Oh well. Maybe when Kris moves over he'll like BlueSky a lot also (he already likes what he's seen) and we can do the Steps together. I am looking forward be being there every weekend and being able to start serving again. Not serving in church the last 8 months has been like cutting out a part of who I am...I don't thrive in Christ without serving. It's like not worshipping or learning. It's...part of who God built me to be.

Well...I should probably go get ready for work so I can run a few errands before work that I have been putting off for a few days (lets hear it for procrastination!)

peace out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home